Post Covid Gastro related digestive issues
While fatigue, loss of sense of smell and taste, and cough remain to be some of the lingering symptoms of COVID, if you have these digestive issues post COVID, seek your doctor's help in treating them.
- - Nausea and diarrhoea
- - Loss of appetite
- - Abdominal cramps
- - Acid reflux
- - Gastrointestinal inflammation and bleeding
While gastrointestinal problems may go from mild to severe complications, it is important to follow a proper diet and refrain from anything that will add to your woe.
Therefore, here are a few tips to ease your digestive issues during your post COVID recovery.
- - Eat a well-cooked, balanced diet, including foods that will help your body heal, recover and build back stamina. Staying hydrated is also another important factor you cannot miss.
- - Add prebiotics and probiotics to your diet. Probiotics are good bacteria that improve gut health.
- - People can also resort to supplementation and ORS salts, which help bring back the balance in the digestive system and sustain functions.
- - Refrain from consuming processed and oily foods. Instead focus on eating timely meals consisting of some form of carbs, proteins, fiber and other vital minerals.